Laws of the game for small sided formats
Equipment and environment
Maximum dimension: 5 m x 2 m. Cones and poles can be used if no proper goals are available. Futsal goals can also be used (3 m x 2 m). Goals (large, heavy goals) must be properly secured so that they are safe and cannot be moved by players or supporters.
6-10 years old Size 4 (max. 290 grams)
11-12 years old Size 4
The lines are marked out depending on the equipment available (5 v 5, 7 v 7, 9 v 9). A halfway line is required for 4 v 4 / but there is no penalty area.
- A first aid kit should be kept near the pitch if possible.
- Make sure that emergency telephone numbers are to hand: ambulance / doctor on call / hospital.
- Organise drinks breaks (encourage drinking water often in small quantities). Ideal quantity of water: 200 ml every 15-20 mins.
- Players should warm up before a match. All the children should do this together if possible.
- Cooling down after the match (all together as Fair Play activity).
- Goals must be properly secured so that they are safe and cannot be moved.
- Distance from the edge of the pitch (for safety): 2-3 m.
- No spectators (or parents) in the area reserved for children and coach-educators.
- Organise welcome and farewell sessions for all the teams before and after the tournament.
- Players and coach-educators should shake hands before and after each match.